Erectile dysfunction, or ED, is the inability to achieve or maintain an erection for sexual intercourse. Reasons include medication, chronic illness, lack of blood flow to the penis, drinking too much alcohol, or excessive fatigue.
ED isn’t just a natural part of aging that you’re stuck accepting. Guys with ED have several erectile dysfunction treatment options to consider, depending on the reason for their ED. The sooner you learn about ED treatment alternatives, the sooner you can go back to sharing and enjoying intimate moments with your significant other.
Erectile Dysfunction Causes
- Middle-Aged Spread
- Low Libido
How is ED diagnosed?
Diagnostic procedures for ED may include the following:
- Patient medical or sexual history. This may reveal conditions or diseases that lead to impotence and help distinguish among problems with erection, ejaculation, orgasm, or sexual desire.
- Physical examination. To look for evidence of systemic problems, such as the following:
- A problem in the nervous system may be involved if the penis does not respond as expected to certain touching.
- Secondary sex characteristics, such as hair pattern, can point to hormonal problems, which involve the endocrine system.
- Circulatory problems could be indicated by an aneurysm.
- Unusual characteristics of the penis itself could suggest the basis of the impotence.
- Laboratory tests. These can include blood counts, urinalysis, lipid profile, and measurements of creatinine and liver enzymes. Measurement of testosterone in the blood is often done in men with ED, especially with a history of decreased libido or diabetes.
- Psychosocial examination. This is done to help reveal psychological factors that may be affecting performance. The sexual partner may also be interviewed to determine the expectations and perceptions encountered during sexual intercourse.
How to Solve Erection Problems?
It can be embarrassing to talk to your doctor about your sex life, but it’s the best way to get treated and get back to being intimate with your partner. Your doctor can pinpoint the source of the problem and may recommend lifestyle interventions like quitting smoking or losing weight. Other treatment options may include ED drugs, hormone treatments, a suction device that helps create an erection or counseling.
Our Ed Treatment Pro clinic uses the following treatment methods:
- Trimix causes an increase in blood flow to the penis thereby allowing an erection to occur. The active ingredients in the three-drug mixture are alprostadil, papaverine, and phentolamine.
- Priapus shot (otherwise known as the P-Shot) offers a natural solution to erectile dysfunction, increasing sensitivity, blood flow, and sexual stamina.
- Testosterone therapy is usually given by testosterone gel, cream, or long-acting injections for the first two to six months.
- Viagra belongs to a group of medicines called phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitors. It works by relaxing the blood vessels in your penis when you are sexually excited.